BEACHFRONT RETIREMENT HOME WITH LIVEABLE INCOME, IN A SAFE, TRANQUIL, EASY-ACCESS MEXICAN SURF TOWN...
Two gorgeous, breezy, custom-designed and built villas with four full apartment units. Profitable vacation rentals on a pristine sandy swimming & surf beach, just 5 minutes from downtown Troncones, 20 minutes from shopping and social hubs of Zihuatanejo and Ixtapa, and 40 minutes from ZIH international airport.
HOMES: Beachfront surf compound with two gracious villas with four profitable flats/vacation rentals, on a spacious lot with mature tropical gardens. Designed in elegant yet simple Tropical Zen style, for maximum low-maintenance comfort, the units have polished cement counters, accent walls and floors as well as hand-crafted tropical wood details. With open patios and fully screened spaces to let ocean breezes come and go, this is indoor-outdoor living at its most gracious and most comfortable.
LOCATION: The time-warp village of Troncones—a tiny, safe & peaceful Mexican village with year-round surf, where everyone knows (and looks out for) everyone else—offers total peace and relaxation, just 20 minutes from the hopping resort cities and amenities of Zihuatanejo and Ixtapa (Sam’s Club, Europea, restaurants, boutiques, nightclubs, diving, sport fishing, two golf courses, and surf breaks galore.) Only 40 mins from ZIH International Airport (with year-round direct flights from many major US cities).
THE BEACH: At the secluded end of Troncones’ quietest residential beach, only a mile from Troncones “downtown,” yet away from any town noise. Right on one of the best sandy swimming & boogie boarding areas in town, with our own mostly-secret surf break right out front.
YEAR-ROUND SURF: Troncones gets swells year-round! Epic in summer (tourist low season = surfer high season). There’s a shortboard break right out front, along with several more breaks along 3 mile Troncones beach, as well as many diverse, generally uncrowded world-class breaks within a 30 minute drive. The local Surf scene is a growing source of tourism and fun, with newly-minted local surf tournaments and more visitors. Say adios to cold water and agro, crowded surf spots!
UNSPOILED NATURE + MODERN AMENITIES: One of the few remaining easily-accessible, yet affordable unspoiled beaches. Get total peace in nature, without being too isolated. Onsite wildlife and bird-watching galore, and a soundtrack of birdsong and breaking waves. SUP paradise. Easily accessible kayaking, hiking and biking areas, and yet it’s only a mile to the small stores and restaurants of our thriving little “downtown,” and only 20 minutes to Sam’s Club and the big city.
CONNECTED: The property includes a landline and two separate, redundant internet providers, just in case.
COMPLETELY TURNKEY: Purchase includes the fully furnished property, all rental accessories, kitchenware, linens, etc; plus the full business package, with branding, web presence, reservation / calendar system, and plenty of return guests and existing reservations, from which buyer profits. WordPress website for easy customization. No need to hire expensive web developers. (Brand new website on the way.)
ONE PROPERTY = SO MANY OPTIONS:
- Keep the biz as is and visit (tax-deductible) at will: Full-time income for part-time work (20 hours or less a week), plus your own surf home. Keep one unit for personal use, rent the rest, make a tidy, low-maintenance profit, and look forward to an epic, income-producing retirement.
- Purchase with friends or family and make your own condos/time share vacation compound. (Business can be phased out once existing reservations have been honored. Buyer profits from reservations already made.)
- Retire now on the beach with a good income from a fun and easy part-time job. Live in peace, surf every day, and meet great people.
- Tons of room to grow: Invest a bit more time on promotion and vastly increase your income.
- Get Creative. Create another business on the property in the downstairs studio unit. Perfect for a café or a boutique…
THE VACATION RENTAL BUSINESS: Three VRBO/AIRBnB, etc. listed flats (and one long-term rental) with nearly 10 years of professionally-designed web presence. Currently set up as a part-time job with impressive profits. An easily managed, successful rental business with 8 years with 97% five-star reviews and mostly direct and return bookings.
At the moment 90% of income comes from renting just 6 months of the year, with just 24% occupancy. Rental income has tons of room to grow with increased promotion. Just step in and start earning income. (Not enough for your entrepreneurial itch? The 4th unit is currently rented to our onsite masseuse/yoga instructor. But it’s also set up to be a cafe or bar, both of which are easy to run down here.) Email us and we’ll send detailed financial information. (To facilitate residential sale and tax issues, business is included at no cost. Reservations must be honored.)
INCLUDES: Everything you need. Turn key rental business with reservations in place and many return guests. Fully furnished, the price includes everything from kitchen appliances to linens to furniture. There’s even a negotiable Jeep Grand Cherokee. And a couple of sweet jungle cats who would love to stay onsite and keep critters at bay.
OPPORTUNITY = EPIC. It’s a great time to buy. Prices are near the low end of the cycle, but the Troncones market is heating up. Get in before Troncones is fully discovered. (Think Sayulita before the boom.)
CONSTRUCTION: Two homes, 4 units, 6 bedrooms, 5.5 baths, 4 kitchens. 4000 SF of living space, not including patios. Plunge pool with large sun-bathing patio, fountain, barbecue. Also large bodega with laundry room & plenty of storage. Recent construction: beach house built 2010, garden house 2014.
PROPERTY: 8700 SF fully fenced lot. Tropical gardens with lush, mature vegetation including coconut palms, mango, banana, moringa, even an Ylang Ylang tree, and flowers galore.
PRICE: We just lowered the price to replacement value of the property. [This price does not include the value of the business, which for tax reasons, we are selling separately, for a token amount—with the stipulation that all current reservations must be honored (and profited from).]
WHY SELL this this beach-dream-come-true? We had to move back to the US to take care of aging family and can no longer visit regularly. We had nine glorious beachfront years, learned to surf, and made a ton of friends, but now it’s time to move on.
- Lots of return guests.
- 97% 5 star reviews on VRBO/Homeaway, AirBNB, Google+ and FaceBook.
- Strong graphic design and web presence. Professionally designed logo, branding, and content-rich website. We’ve included tons of useful content on Troncones, local surf spots, and a detailed
- Comprehensive Travel guide. This draws a lot of viewers, many of whom become guests.
- Part time work. Running the business takes less than 20 hours per week.
- User-friendly WordPress website. Easily changed and updated — No need to hire a coder, saving much time, money, and hassle.
- Great Revenue
INCOME: Yearly net profits are more than the US median full-time salary. Business income will pay for the property in less than 10 years. Contact us for specifics.
- Turnkey: All furnishings, linens, dishes, etc.
- Brand new, easily modifiable WordPress website
- Professional consulting