"I knew if I was ever going to enjoy retirement on my terms, with my budget, I would have to look for a place
to live that had a lower cost of living. And I wanted to
live somewhere warm… a place where I could
have my windows open all day…"
"With its excellent infrastructure and healthcare system, no hail storms, tornadoes or hurricanes, and the low
cost of living, Panama ticked all the right boxes."
In Panama, she says, she easily lives on "around $1,100 a month"
The Perks and Prestige of
Being a Retiree in Panama…
It's true. Panama's Pensionado Program is the most generous and appealing program of special benefits you'll find anywhere in the world today.
It's easy to qualify for Panama's Pensionado Program—widely recognized as the best retirement program in the world. Just provide documentation of a guaranteed pension income of $1,000 a month from a government agency (e.g. social security, disability, armed forces) or corporation. If you buy a home in Panama valued at $100,000 or more, that amount is reduced to just $750 per month.
As a qualified pensionado (or jubilado) in Panama, you're entitled to:
- 50% off entertainment—such as movies, theaters, concerts, and sporting events—anywhere in the country
- 50% off closing costs for home loans and more…
- 50% off hotel stays from Monday through Thursday
- 30% off hotel stays from Friday through Sunday
- 30% off bus, boat, and train fares
- 25% off airline tickets
- 25% off at restaurants
- 20% off medical consultations
- 20% off professional and technical services
- 15% off hospital bills (if no insurance applies)
- 15% off dental and eye exams
- 10% off prescription medicines
- And more…